Dryer Vent CLEANING
Properly cleaning and maintaining your dryer exhaust duct, will save you money on your utility bills, by shortening the drying time of clothes, this, in turn reduces wear and tear on the clothes dryer. In addition, having your dryer vent cleaned, greatly reduces the likelihood of a dryer duct fire in your home, or place of business. At Dryer Vent Guardian, customers can schedule annual cleaning. Scheduled annual cleaning will help keep your dryer vent clean, safe, and efficient.
All dryer vents are different. Some terminate through the side wall of the home, while others terminate through the roof. Therefore, each must be evaluated, to determine the best approach and method to clean each individual system. At Dryer Vent Guardian, our technicians use specialized professional grade, cleaning equipment, to clean, and aid in the removal of lint build up, debris, and any obstructions from within your dryer exhaust duct. Our cleaning equipment allows the technicians to clean the duct in several different ways. Depending on the length, and location of the termination outlet, a technician will choose a method that is best for each exhaust system. No matter which method is chosen, our technicians make sure to remove ALL clogs or obstructions from the entire run of the vent, not just the entry and termination points. Often during the cleaning process, technicians find that homeowner’s dryer vents are infested with birds, rodents, or other disease carrying animals. Our technicians will remove all obstructions and build up, and anything found inside the dryer vent. Once the dryer vent cleaning is complete, our technicians will clean up after themselves, disposing of any messy lint, outdoor debris, or nests. Dryer Vent Guardian is your source for courteous and professional dryer exhaust duct cleaning service.
Dryer Vent Installation
For many years, there were very little, or no code requirements for dryer venting. Sadly, this resulted in thousands of home fires across North America. Often, when our technicians inspect a dryer exhaust duct, they find ducts made of unsafe materials that are no longer considered safe for use. Therefore, these ducts must be replaced. These materials, such as PVC pipe, white vinyl, foil, and plastic duct, were used by builders for many years, and have now banned for use in most states. The practice of using unsafe materials has been a contributing factor in many of the 15,000 home fires, that occur each year us the U.S. alone.
At Dryer Vent Guardian, we install new code compliant dryer exhaust ducts. All our new dryer ducts and repairs are made of code compliant venting materials that protect against fire spread. Our professional dryer vent installation ensures that vent materials follow the recommendations and requirements set forth by one or more of the following: current IRC (International Residential Code), IBC (international building code) IMC (international mechanical code) Underwriters Laboratory, dryer manufacturers, Consumer Product Safety Commission, and the National Fire Protection Association.
FOIL OR VINYL DRYER EXHAUST VENTS ARE NOT SAFE, OR EFFICIENT!
- Considered a fire hazard.
- Very poor air flow, causing an energy waste.
- Ridged interior easily collects and traps lint.
- Difficult to clean without puncturing or tearing.
- Do not protect against fire spread.
- Easily crushed behind the dryer, cutting off proper airflow.
- Can develop sags in the vent line, enabling water and lint to collect.
- Any vent made of these materials should be replaced with an all metal duct!
PVC DRYER EXHAUST VENTS ARE NOT SAFE!
- Static in PVC venting causes lint to stick to the inside of the vent walls, which can mix with the expelled water during a typical dry cycle, creating sludge and an increased risk of a fire.
- PVC sweats when warm moist air travels through the cool smooth surface. This moist air causes lint to collect and harden and, in turn, makes cleanings more difficult.
- PVC takes longer to heat up, allowing water to remain in vapor form inside the pipe. The water, along with the buildup of lint, creates sludge in the vent.
- Interior melting temperature of PVC, causes surface to become sticky, allowing lint to adhere to interior walls.
- Any Vent made PVC should be replaced with an all-metal duct
RIGID METAL DUCT, THE BEST CHOICE FOR DYER VENTING.
- Code compliant material for dryer vents.
- Smooth interior finish that allows lint to easily pass through, making lint less likely to build up.
- Allows cleaning equipment to navigate through duct without damaging duct material.
- Rated the safest for controlling fame spread.